WorkCover NSW Safe Work Awards 2013
Thank you for starting your application for the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards. Your first step is to read the below terms and conditions and tick the check box to indicate that you are happy to proceed.
The WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards is an annual state awards, designed to promote and recognise high standards of work health and safety in NSW workplaces.
The Awards aim to:
- Raise awareness of work health and safety (WHS) and promote high standards of health and safety in NSW workplaces.
- Encourage innovation in WHS.
- Provide a forum for sharing ideas and solutions to workplace health and safety issues.
- Publicly recognise and reward outstanding workplace health and safety innovations and achievements.
A. Terms and conditions: general
- Categories for the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards are:
Best workplace health and safety management system
Best solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue
Best workplace health and safety practices in a small business
Best individual contribution to workplace health and safety
- This document, the instructions on how to enter the awards, the official entry form (all available at www.safeworkawards.com.au) and any other details about the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards contained within promotional material all form part of the terms and conditions of entry. The terms and conditions of entry apply to all entrants in all categories for the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards. For the purposes of these terms and conditions ‘WorkCover NSW’ means the WorkCover Authority of New South Wales and ‘National Safety Awards’ means SafeWork Australia Awards.
- The WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards will be administered by WorkCover NSW. The National Safety Awards will be administered by Safe Work Australia.
- Entry for the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards is open to individuals, associations, partnerships, companies, not for profit and other organisations operating and based within New South Wales. However, WorkCover NSW reserves the right to either allow or disallow any entrant for any reason at its complete discretion.
- The WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards will commence on Tuesday 28 May 2013 and conclude on Friday 5 July 2013.
- Entries must be received by 5:00pm Friday 5 July 2013. For reasons of fairness, late entries will not be accepted.
- The online application process (available at www.safeworkawards.com.au) must be completed for each entry.
- By submitting an entry, entrants shall be taken to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Entries dealing with scientific, medical or technical achievements should be accompanied by a summary in plain English or ‘lay’ terms.
- Sponsors and those representing an organisation on a judging panel are ineligible to enter the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards and the National Safe Work Australia Awards.
- Judges will have complete discretion in assessing entries, applying the judging criteria, conditions of entry and determining the Awards. The Judges reserve the right, acting in its sole discretion, to move entries into an Award category other than that entered if it is deemed more appropriate. Entrants will be advised if this occurs.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The assessment, conduct and results of the Awards will not create any legal obligations between entrants and WorkCover NSW, the Crown in right of New South Wales, Safe Work Australia or the Commonwealth.
- The WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards judging panels reserve the right not to allocate an Award in a particular category where, in their opinion, there are no entries of sufficient merit.
- In the event an entrant that is judged to have won a category is found to have failed to satisfy or abide by the terms and conditions of the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards, that entrant shall not be entitled to the relevant Award nor for submission for entry into the Safe Work Australia Awards, and WorkCover NSW may, at its absolute discretion, award the relevant Award to another entrant or choose not to award the Award at all.
- Persons, sole traders or organisations submitting an entry to the Awards must have all insurance/levies required by law, or otherwise appropriate, for the conduct of their day to day activities (eg workers’ compensation).
- No responsibility is taken for any loss of, or damage to, entries.
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned to entrants.
- Each entrant warrants that its entry, including any designs and/or inventions, is the entrant’s original work, that any intellectual property rights arising in connection with that entry vest in the entrant and that the entry does not interfere with any third-party rights.
- Winning an Award does not signify endorsement of a particular product or a particular health and safety practice by WorkCover NSW or Safe Work Australia. An entrant which is granted an Award may freely disclose or publicise the grant of the Award, but must not represent, directly or indirectly, that WorkCover NSW has endorsed the entrant's product, method or service, or the entrant's work health and safety performance.
- WorkCover NSW reserves the right to decline to accept, or to disqualify, an entry at its absolute discretion, including but not limited to situations in which the entrant, or a related person or organisation, has breached or is under investigation for possible breaches of work health and safety laws (whether or not a prosecution is pending), or where the acceptance of the entry may otherwise be detrimental to the objectives of the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards awards scheme.
- All entrants agree to allow officers of WorkCover NSW and/or Safe Work Australia to enter and inspect premises that are the subject of, or related to, an entry for the purposes of verifying the entry.
- WorkCover NSW and Safe Work Australia will ensure that there is no disclosure to any third party of any information provided by an entrant and marked ‘confidential’, except with the prior consent of that entrant or where such a disclosure is authorised or required by law.
- By entering the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards each entrant warrants that all information in its entry is true, accurate and complete. Entrants may be requested to provide further evidence to substantiate their entries and, if so requested, such evidence must be provided within the stipulated timeframe.
- All entrants authorise, subject to receipt of prior written notification, WorkCover NSW and Safe Work Australia to use the information contained in entries (other than confidential information) for any purposes it sees fit including, but not necessarily limited to, promotional purposes.
- Without limiting the generality of clause 26, and subject to proper acknowledgement being given to the relevant entrant, all entrants authorise WorkCover NSW and Safe Work Australia to publish details of their entry, including (but not limited to) contact names, phone numbers and photos. WorkCover NSW will not use the personal information of entrants for any other purpose without prior consent of the entrant, or unless authorised or required to do so by law.
- Entrants acknowledge that they may be required for presentations and media interviews in respect of their entry and agree to take all reasonable steps to make themselves available for, and actively participate in, such presentations or media interviews.
- All entrants authorise WorkCover NSW and Safe Work Australia to recommend that the product, method or service comprising their entry be adopted for use by any other individual or organisation.
- WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards and Safe Work Australia Awards winners are ineligible to enter this year’s Awards with the same initiative/solution/contribution.
- WorkCover NSW, the Crown in right of New South Wales, Safe Work Australia, the Commonwealth and the officers, employees and agents of all the preceding do not accept any liability, however arising, including liability for negligence, for any accident, loss, injury or damage arising at any time out of or in connection with the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards or the Safe Work Australia Awards except for any liability that cannot, by law, be excluded.
- Subject to clause 34, winners in all categories of the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards may be eligible for entry in the Safe Work Australia Awards.
- Unless otherwise notified by the Commonwealth, the terms and conditions governing the Safe Work Australia Awards are the same as those governing the WorkCover NSW SafeWork Awards with all relevant references amended accordingly. However, the Commonwealth reserves the right to amend or modify the terms and conditions for the Safe Work Australia Awards in any way, at any time before the closing date for the Safe Work Australia Awards and at its absolute discretion. Entrants for the Safe Work Australia Awards will be notified of any such amendment or modification prior to the closing date for the Safe Work Australia Awards. Further, Safe Work Australia reserves the right to either allow or disallow any entrant for the Safe Work Australia Awards for any reason and at its complete discretion.
- Entrants who breach any of these "conditions of entry" are subject to disqualification.
B. Additional Terms and Conditions: Business and Organisations
These Additional Terms and Conditions: Businesses and Organisations apply to all entrants in all categories that are businesses or organisations:
To be considered for an Award, businesses and organisations must fulfil the following additional criteria:
- Compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and associated Regulations.
- Compliance with the Workers Compensation Act 1987 and associated Regulations.
- Compliance with the Workplace Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998 and associated Regulations.