Entrants are required to complete the online application process for each category entered. Each category has a number of specific judging criteria that are explained within each relevant category.
Entries may be submitted by individual applicants or organisations (see Who can enter for specific information on each category’s entry requirements). Another party may also nominate individuals or organisations for an Award.
Important: You MUST address alll criteria to have your entry considered by the judges
Applications are to be submitted online.
Step-by-step guide to entering the Awards:
- Read through the categories and decide is the most appropriate. You may decide to enter more than one category.
- Register your details using the online registration form.
- Complete the online application process.
- Your application must be accompanied by supporting documentation and address all selection criteria relating to the Award category being entered.
- To have your entry considered by the judges you must address each criteria. Keep your responses brief and to the point – approximately one page per criteria should be sufficient.
- For information on how entries are assessed, please see the Awards judging process.
- Include any other supporting information that you think might help the judges to better understand your initiative with your entry. Your applications can be supported by up to four additional documents. These must be provided in pdf format. Supporting documentation can include:
a) a workplace safety manual you’ve developed
b) graphs and tables showing reductions in workplace injuries and incidents
c) staff survey results showing improvements in morale since introduction of your safety initiative, etc.
- You need to supply four high resolution (300dpi) images in eps or jpg format of your workplace, intiative, staff etc. These can be uploaded during the online application process.
- Include a high resolution (300dpi) version of your company or product logo in both black and white and full colour with your entry. These logos should be in either eps or jpg file formats. These can be uploaded during the online application process.
- Submit your entry by the closing date. The closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday 19 July 2013.
How to submit entries
Entries can only be submitted using the online application system.
For information and help with your application please contact the SafeWork Awards helpline on (02) 4321 4444.